Travel Essentials for Rosacea-prone skin
If you have sensitive and redness-prone skin, packing the right skincare and accessories for your holiday is essential to protect yourself from flare-ups. As rosacea is often triggered by temperature and environmental changes, there are factors you need to consider more than others before travelling. This is why we have compiled a list of key items that will help you keep your rosacea under control throughout your trip. These essentials can be conveniently carried in a small bag, allowing you to use them whenever you need them!
- Hat/Scarf: If you are going to a warm weather location, make sure you wear a wide brim hat, labelled with a UPF50+ (Ultraviolet Protection Factor), to ensure its fabric absorbs as much UV radiation as possible. In colder temperatures or windy circumstances, cover your face with a scarf made of soft material such as silk, to protect your face from dehydration.
- Insulated Water Bottle: If you’ve ever experienced the run-up to a heat-induced rosacea flare, you’ll know that acting quickly is crucial to stop it in its tracks. Stay prepared by carrying an insulated bottle that keeps your beverages really cold, helping your body to cool down quickly if you are feeling warm. You can fill your bottle with refreshing options like lemon water, iced tea or iced coffee (it is often thought that caffeine is a rosacea trigger, but it tends to be the temperature of the drink rather than the caffeine itself) to avoid temptations of alcohol consumption in social settings, which is in fact a common rosacea trigger.
- Handheld Fan: If you're visiting a hot and humid area, carry a lightweight handheld fan or a spray bottle filled with water to keep your skin cool and refreshed whenever needed.
- Pillowcase: The bedding provided by hotels and other accommodations may be washed with heavily fragranced detergents and fabric softeners that can easily aggravate sensitive skin. Having a pillowcase made with the fabric you are used to and washed in your usual detergent can be a lifesaver for your skin.
- SPF: If there is one thing you must prioritise, it’s SPF! It doesn’t matter if it is cold or cloudy, SPF is your best friend to prevent flushing. Aim for a broad-spectrum SPF of 30 or more, as it protects your skin from both UVA and UVB rays. Rosalique 3 in 1 Anti-Redness Miracle Formula contains an SPF factor of 50 - its gentle formula doesn’t leave a white cast and is easy to apply, providing optimal sun protection for sensitive skin.
- Gentle Skincare/Makeup: Although it can be tempting, we suggest avoiding the toiletries provided by hotels, as your skin will not be used to them and they might contain ingredients that can irritate your skin. Instead, bring a gentle cleanser and moisturiser with you to keep your skin calm and clean during your time away. Rosalique contains 5 anti-inflammatory ingredients that will soothe your skin, treat redness as well as protect it from flare-ups. Its micro-encapsulated technology means that you can also use it as a colour-correcting tinted moisturiser to even out your complexion. The compact 30ml size of Rosalique makes it a convenient space-saving option for your travels, as it can be used as a skincare-makeup hybrid for preventing, treating ánd neutralising redness.
Being proactive and having these rosacea must-haves will help you enjoy your holidays to the fullest! Make sure you follow our tips to minimise the effect of environmental changes - your skin will thank you!
You can find out more about Rosalique 3 in 1 Anti-Redness Miracle Formula here.